[News] What If Sun Bought SuSE Instead of Novell? (Substantiated Rumour)

Red Hat's (and Sun's) missed SUSE opportunity

,----[ Quote ]
| Chew on that last one for a bit. Way back in 2002/2003, Sun might have been
| in the Linux business, while Novell might have kept fiddling with NetWare
| (but more likely would have gone actively into the open-source applications
| realm, following on its acquisition of Ximian). We would have been living in
| a very different open-source industry if things had gone Sun's way back then.
|
| Better? Worse? I don't know. But different.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9929911-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

The headline might as well say "SuSE's missed opportunity". With Novell, it got
trapped by Microsoft. Red Hat wanted to buy SuSE. Also on Novell:

Novell turns tables on SCO Group

,----[ Quote ]
| Kimball will open a 4-day bench trial Tuesday to determine whether Novell is
| entitled to the $37 million it claims [from SCO].
`----

http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=8234091&nav=menu554_2_3

Recent:

Windows Explorer in Opensuse Installer