[News] [Rival] Microsoft Forecast Called "Weak" by MSBBC

Microsoft falls on weak forecasts

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft saw its shares fall 6% after it posted a fall in quarterly profits
| and earnings forecasts at the lower end of market expectations.

Failed Microsoft gadget dies a quiet death

,----[ Quote ]
| Can it really be 4 years back that Microsoft produced that always destined to
| fail product the datacasting SPOT watch? Yep, apparently it can, and
| apparently it has finally been killed off once and for all.

The Zune is probably next to die.

Recent:

Can Ballmer pilot Microsoft through a changed tech course?

,----[ Quote ]
| Can Ballmer steer Microsoft out of the roadblocks?
|
| The highly competitive Ballmer, you might say, is the man who cried "nice."
| And like the boy who cried wolf, no one believed him. The software giant's
| attempt to make nice with much of the developer community by opening up its
| APIs for key products was greeted with a jaundiced eye by regulators at the
| powerful European Commission.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/tech-bottom-line/archives/2008/02/microsoft_open.html

Related:

Will Microsoft Survive the Next 10 Years?

,----[ Quote ]
| I am not really an expert in this but when I read all the negative
| headlines and articles I ask myself if Microsoft really will survive
| the next 10 years.
|
| [...]
|
| I am pretty sure that the Open Source Community, the new Ubuntu,
| Google and of course Apple are those companies that are ready for
| our century and they will get more and more people that know what
| they really want.
`----

http://websquirrel.blogspot.com/2007/03/will-microsoft-survive-next-10-years.html

P. Graham: Microsoft is Dead