[News] MySQL (Sun) Celebrates Largest-ever Deal ($10,000,000)

Missed Twitter Questions from Jonathan Schwartz Interview at Web 2.0 Expo

,----[ Quote ]
| JonathanSchwartz: It's going to open a flurry of doors for MySQL, and it's
| going to open a flurry of doors for Sun. It already has - as I said, the
| MySQL team just closed the single largest deal in the history of MySQL, a
| $10m deal to a global technology company.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2008/04/missed-twitter-questions-jonathan-schwartz-web2expo.html

Recent:

Sun: Economic slowdown favors open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Speaking to ZDNetAsia in an exclusive interview, he said the economic
| slowdown in the United States will favor open source companies. "During an
| economic slowdown, not everything slows down [and] IT projects will continue
| to be undertaken. But IT budgets will be reduced," he said, noting that
| companies will then turn to lower cost software options such as open source.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62038598,00.htm

The rise of the open-source billionaire

,----[ Quote ]