[News] Desktop Technology and Linux Devices Converge at Nokia

Nokia adds Qt to Maemo

,----[ Quote ]
| The announcement, first posted on Apr. 15, may be available here, with a
| Google cache here. Meanwhile, a community developer has already managed to
| port KDE to Nokia N8xx tablets. And, Nokia is actively porting Ubuntu to ARM.
|
| All in all, it looks like device and desktop software will continue to
| converge.

Ubuntu Coming to Nokia N800-Series Internet Tablets

,----[ Quote ]
| The Nokia N800 and N810 Internet Tablets are wonderful little devices,
| because they give you virtually the same online experience as a laptop but in
| a much smaller form factor. The operating system on these handhelds, however,
| is starting to get a little dated. We already know that Nokia isn't going to
| make the leap to Windows Mobile or OS X, so it's time to turn over to Linux.
`----

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/333/C15155/

Related:

N810 Android, anyone?

,----[ Quote ]
| A website has published instructions on how to install Google's Android Java
| stack on real hardware with ARM926 and later cores, running Linux 2.6.23 and
| later kernels.

Android on OMAP

,----[ Quote ]
| This page collects information about and guides you through the installation
| of Google's Android on TI's ARM based OMAP SoCs.
|
| [...]
|
| Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating
| system, middleware and key applications. See Google's What is Android? page
| and Benno's What is Android? and What Android isn't page for more details
| about Android.
`----

http://elinux.org/Android_on_OMAP

Announcing XFCE on the IT

,----[ Quote ]
| Another b-e-a-utiful compiliation from Penguinbait. XFCE is now available for
| the Internet Tablet (Yes, the N770 and N800!).
`----

http://geekpenguin.blogspot.com/2007/09/xfce-on-it_12.html

KDE on the IT

| KDE and all it's supporting programs have been compiled for the Internet
| Tablet, and it works b-e-a-utifully. I've installed this sucker on my N770
| and it purrs like a kitten, believe it or not ;)
`----

http://geekpenguin.blogspot.com/2007/09/kde-on-it.html

Nokia N800 Internet Tablet

,----[ Quote ]