Re: [News] Ubuntu Linux 8.04 Available for Orders, Free Shipping

____/ Matt on Friday 25 April 2008 23:24 : \____

> Darth Chaos wrote:
>>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> The brazilian Election Supreme Court migrates 430 thousand voting machines
>>> to GNU / Linux
>
>>> http://techforce.com.br/index.php/news/linux_blog/tse_migrates_to_linux
>>
>> But no such luck for the Diebold voting machines in the USA which
>> probably STILL run Windows CE.
>
> In the article below, Mr. Riggall announced a name change for Diebold.
> That may not be the only name Mr. Riggall should have changed.
>
>> http://www.diebold.com/whatsnews/pdf/premierelections.pdf
>>
>>> For more information:
>>> Chris Riggall                                        Martin Machowsky
>>> Premier Election Solutions                           Edelman Public
>>> Relations
>>> 1-800-433-8683 ext. 1112                             (202) 326-1702
>>> Christopher.Riggall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> August 16, 2007
>>> Diebold Election Systems to Become Premier Election Solutions
>>> Increased Operational Independence, Concentrated Focus on Elections Systems
>>> Industry Will Strengthen Premier’s Competitive Advantage
>>> ALLEN, Texas -- In conjunction with the announcement today by Diebold,
>>> Incorporated, to create a more independent structure for its elections
>>> systems subsidiary, Diebold Election Systems is changing its name to
>>> Premier Election Solutions. The change to Premier signals a new beginning
>>> for the company, emphasizing Premier’s leadership position and proven
>>> expertise in election solutions.

*LOL* Yes, I remember that one. Escaping bad reputation is also the case of
OOXML (OXML) and Longhorn (Vista), to name just recent ones.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com