[News] Damn Small Linux Rated 5/5; VirtualBox 1.5.6 "Highly recommended"

Damn Small Linux 4.3

,----[ Quote ]
| As the demands of all operating systems increase, Damn Small Linux (DSL) is a
| refreshing change and worth considering by anyone with an old computer. This
| latest version, 4.2.1, has some updated software and new drivers, while still
| keeping within the 50MB limit.
`----

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/downloads/2169925/damn-small-linux

Title: VirtualBox 1.5.6

,----[ Quote ]
| Publisher: http://www.virtualbox.org/
|
| Licence: GNU Public Licence
|
| Verdict: Highly recommended
`----

http://www.techbookreport.com/tbr0340.html

Recent:

Distribution Release: Damn Small Linux 4.3

,----[ Quote ]
| Robert Shingledecker has announced the final release of Damn Small Linux 4.3.
| From the changelog: "Updated Firefox browser to version 2; updated murgaLua
| to  0.6.8; updated nano-tiny to 2.0.7; updated and consolidation of
| mydslBrowser with new mydslBrowser.lua; new picture puzzle added to Games
| collection; new calculator.lua replaces Calcoo; optimized minirt24.gz - much
| smaller; new background and theme for both JWM and Fluxbox; updated 'noicons'
| boot option to suppress icons in JWM; fixed removal of mydsl extensions on
| traditional hard drive installations; dropped SCSI modules for needed space -
| available in the modules section; fixed CD recording scanbus device error by
| adding scsi/sg.o module; updated editor.lua - menu issue resolved for new
| murgaLua version...."
`----

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=04852

Damn Small 4.3: Damn fast, too.

,----[ Quote ]
| DSL keeps its spot as my default option for old hardware. This release didn't
| change that. The team managed to throw in small improvements without
| completely changing the way the standard system works, which I liked
`----.

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/damnsmall43.htm

Damn Small Linux 4.2.4

,----[ Quote ]
| Verdict: An excellent operating system
`----

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/download/damn-small-linux-424.aspx

Related:

Review of Damn Small Linux 4.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Damn Small Linux succeeds in accomplishing it's primary goals, being small,
| lightweight, fast, and easy to use. I found myself wishing I had a few slower
| machines around to install DSL for web browsing and music.
`----

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/473581/review_of_damn_small_linux_41.html

Screenshots Of Damn Small Linux 4.2.

,----[ Quote ]
| On the desktop, you can see the new black/blue theme with "Fractal Movements"
| background.
`----

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/223/1/

DSL 4.0: Damn small improvement

,----[ Quote ]
| Damn Small Linux is tiny Linux distribution that John Andrews originally
| created in 2002 to see just how many applications could fit into a 50MB
| system. The project has grown over the years to include many other
| contributors working on hundreds of packages and applications. Last month's
| release of DSL 4.0 brought many updates and changes, yet it remains a
| special-purpose distribution for older hardware because it lacks support for
| many modern features.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/120923

Damn Small Linux: operating system

,----[ Quote ]
| As the demands of all operating systems increase, Damn Small Linux
| (DSL) is a refreshing change and worth considering by anyone
| with an old computer.
`----

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/downloads/2169925/damn-small-

Damn Small Linux to offer FREE market place for merchants

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://presszoom.com/story_121593.html