[News] Firefox Use claimed Around 30% in Europe, Wins Awards

Firefox reached 29% share in Europe

,----[ Quote ]
| XiTi Monitor has released the latest numbers on browsers utilization in
| Europe and the rest of the world, announcing it has reached about 29% in
| March 2008.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/04/firefox-reached-29-share-in-europe/

Two Mozillians among most influential people in IT

,----[ Quote ]
| The list includes a couple of notable Mozillians: Brendan Eich and Wyndow
| Snyder, Mozilla Corporation Chief Technology Officer and Chief Security
| Officer respectively.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/04/two-mozillians-among-most-influential-people-in-it/

Firefox wins Webware 100 2008!

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/04/firefox-wins-webware-100-2008/

Recent:

'We're Huge in Finland!' Firefox Hits New High as IE7 Lags

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Firefox continued its slow but steady march against the worldwide
| dominance of Microsoft Internet Explorer in 2007. Though the open-source web
| browser continues to sit firmly in second place behind IE, where it's been
| for years, usage of Firefox is still on the rise. The browser is even
| threatening to tip the scales in some European countries -- most likely
| thanks to the rapid internationalization efforts made possible by the
| open-source development model.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/01/firefox-made-wo.html

Related:

Microsoft's browser market share drops 9.5 percent in a year

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Explorer's share of the browser market has fallen almost 10 percent
| in the past 12 months, to 63.9 percent, mostly at the expense of Firefox
| which has boosted its share from 11.8 to 17.4 percent.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/14373/1054/

Firefox passes 400 million downloads

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox just passed the 400 million download mark, according to the Spread
| Firefox site for promoting the open-source, extendable Web browser.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9773836-7.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=NewsBlog

IE6: The zombie browser

,----[ Quote ]
| Paul Graham's much-dissected essay Microsoft is Dead offers some witty and
| perceptive analysis, but it sidesteps the fact that Microsoft's rotten corpse
| will take decades to decompose.
`----

http://blogs.pathf.com/agileajax/2007/09/ie6-the-zombie-.html

IE7 Bites the Dust! Firefox 2.0 Did It!