[News] Ubuntu's Founder Explains Tomorrow Release, Ubuntu Conference Scheduled

Ubuntu man Shuttleworth dissects Hardy Heron's arrival

,----[ Quote ]
| "Team Canonical bought into the virtualization hype by slotting KVM into the
| Ubuntu kernel," he told us. "I have to wonder whether or not this move caters
| more to Canonical's business needs than the suggested larger goals for Ubuntu
| of mass adoption.
|
| "Much of Ubuntu's success to date has been tied to a maniacal focus on the
| desktop. But now we're seeing that focus whittled away by the rise of more
| platform projects that manage to gain prominent billing as well as
| proprietary enterprise solutions that the community might see as eating into
| developer time."
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/22/shuttleworth_hardy_heron/

Open source conference co-locates with Ubuntu show

,----[ Quote ]
| O'Reilly's OSCON 2008 is expected to draw some 2,500 open source experts,
| visionaries, and hackers.

Vista Ultimate vs. Ubuntu 7.04 - Which Install Is Easier?

,----[ Quote ]
| So less than 3 hours into this experiment, I have both Vista and Ubuntu
| installed and patched. Both systems are stable, more or less, but both
| systems have quirks. Neither system worked perfectly, but much to my surprise
| the Ubuntu system worked better, (once I got the keyboard working). More
| hardware worked without needing to download additional drivers. More over,
| there is moreover, the desktop that I do have is more functional -
| applications like GIMP, Open Office, and a slew of multi-media apps are far
| more useful than Wordpad, Paint and the slew of crap that Vista comes with.
`----

http://scitech.teambio.org/2007/08/14/vista-ultimate-vs-ubuntu-704-which-install-is-easier/

Ubuntu 1, Windows 0

,----[ Quote ]