[News] GNU/Linux Port for Nintendo Wii in the Works

Meet Mii

,----[ Quote ]
| WiiLi is a Linux port in the works for the Nintendo Wii. Drivers are being
| developed for Wii features, including the SD card slot, the wireless
| 802.11b/g and Bluetooth hardware, and for the remote.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/meet-mii

It's funny to find Microsoft, which loses to Nintendo /big time/, is now trying
to claim that Nintendo's success is good for Microsoft. They actually say this
to the press to save face.

"One smaller motivation which, in part, stems from altruism is
Microsoft-bashing."

                --Vinod Valloppillil, Microsoft

Recent:

Want to Run Linux on Your Nintendo Wii?

,----[ Quote ]
| You'll need a GameCube SD card adapter, a 1GB (or higher) SD card, a copy of
| Zelda (for the Wii), and of course, a Nintendo Wii itself. Next, you'll need
| to make sure your version of Zelda is one of the anointed -- apparently not
| all copies of Zelda are created equal. Finally, you'll have to do a bunch of
| extracting, copying, renaming, deleting, saving, etc., load the game, load a
| hacked save file and actually talk to a guy in-game to trigger the loader,
| which drops you out to a black and white screen, at which point you get to
| have fun figuring out how to load Linux itself.
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.com/gameon/archives/006554.html

Related:

Wii Been Hacked! Runs Cutest Linux Ever!

,----[ Quote ]
| We all knew it was just a matter of time, but now we have video evidence. The
| Wii has been totally haxored! That's right, just check out the video below
| and take a look at what these guys have accomplished. In all honestly, about
| half of what they say is Greek to me, but I'm impressed with the final result
| nonetheless.
`----

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/681818/Wii_Been_Hacked_Runs_Cutest_Linux_Ever.html

Nintendo Wii fully hacked for native homebrew

,----[ Quote ]
| The Wii was compromised pretty early on to be able to play burned discs and
| GameCube homebrew such as Linux, but until now Nintendo has managed to
| isolate Wii hardware such as the extra horsepower of the console and wireless
| connectivity from hackers. But the walls are coming down. Some hackers from
| Germany have just showed off their fully hacked Wii at the 24th Annual Chaos
| Communication Congress.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/28/nintendo-fully-hacked-for-native-homebrew/

Linux 3D graphics access on PS3 found