[News] KDE and GNOME Join Forces, for a Conference

KDE e.V. and the GNOME Foundation to co-host flagship conferences

,----[ Quote ]
| The boards of KDE e.V. and the GNOME Foundation have issued a call to co-host
| Akademy and GUADEC, the flagship conferences of the KDE and GNOME projects
| respectively, during the Summer of 2009.
`----

http://ev.kde.org/announcements/2008-04-22-akademy-guadec.php

Recent:

GNOME 2.22 focuses on utilities and standard applications

,----[ Quote ]
| For the average user, few of these improvements are must-haves. The sole
| exceptions are probably the new accessibility features, which, for people
| with disabilities, may be far-ranging enough to make GNOME their desktop of
| choice.
|
| Nor does GNOME 2.22 attempt a radical reinterpretation of the desktop, the
| way that KDE 4 does. However, to be fair, no one should expect it to, given
| that GNOME 2.22 is an incremental release.
|
| What GNOME 2.22 offers is an accumulation of small improvements, similar to
| those of the last few releases. These improvements are unlikely to be enough
| for many people to rush out and compile the new version for themselves, or
| even to burn a CD of the latest snapshot of Ubuntu 8.04 or install Foresight
| 2.0, which was released at the same time as the new desktop version. All the
| same, when the new version trickles down into the repositories of other
| distributions, most users should find a handful of improvements they will be
| glad to have.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/129742

Matthias Ettrich: The KDE-Man!

,----[ Quote ]
| Nobody in their right mind would choose Windows over GNU/Linux based on the
| desktop experience alone, says Matthias Ettrich.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/25412/news.htm

KDE 4.1: Visual Changelog (rev 783000)

,----[ Quote ]