Re: [News] GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

____/ Linonut on Wednesday 23 April 2008 00:21 : \____

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/04/21/linux-eee-pc-far-faster-than-windows-version/

> You call that "News"?  <grin>

Asustek has done some good work even before the Eee on fast bootup times. It
was contributed back (GPL), which is nice. Bear in mind that some people
report a bootup time of 5 minutes for Vista (I kid you not, I've seen in
several times), but it depends on the state of the software.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Quote when replying in non-real-time dialogues"