[News] [Rival] Microsoft the Next IBM-like Dinosaur, Vista a Likely Cause

Frankly Speaking: Microsoft's woes are like IBM's of old

| By coincidence, 15 years ago this month, Lou Gerstner arrived at IBM.
|
| [...]
|
| Here's the worst part: Microsoft's approach to customers has always been
| old-school IBM: Lock 'em in. But the first rule of lock-in is this: Never
| break your customers' software. And the second rule is this: Never force a
| product on customers that breaks their software when the previous version
| still works fine.
|
| Vista breaks applications. It breaks device drivers. It breaks the strongest
| reasons for customers to stay with Microsoft. It actually threatens to break
| Microsoft's customer lock-in.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=316954

Many of Microsoft's products are derived from Windows codebase and Vista was a
turn down the wrong alley.

Microsoft is telling you Vista’s DOA

,----[ Quote ]
| While I could tell you in great detail why Vista is junk, I won’t bother this
| time, since Ballmer did a fine job himself. He said that Vista needed
| improvements in system performance, software and hardware compatibility and
| battery life. Oh, and he also admitted that Vista requires more system
| resources, a lot more, and newer system resources, than XP.
`----

http://practical-tech.com/operating-system/microsoft-is-telling-you-vistas-doa/

If Yahoo disappoints tomorrow, Microsoft could celebreate taking a load of over
$20,000,000,000 from the bank (desparation in the "Slog" against Google).
That's success?

Recent:

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

Microsoft's DreamSpark – What a Giveaway

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/microsofts-dreamspark-%E2%80%93-what-giveaway