E-mail About Gary Stewart

I received this one a couple of hours ago. I can't reply in person because of
the source.

I can't reply to this in person because of the anonymised origin, so my reply
is below.

| Hi Roy,

Hi,

If this information is confidential, then it might be helpful out in the public
too.

| I am very interested in trying to locate one Mr. Gary Stewart, aka
| flatfish, for the purpose of determining if he is or has been
| involved in the release of a virus/worm on the internet in 2004.
|
| I don't know if you know or have contact with the author of:
|
| http://colatrolls.blogspot.com

No clue who runs it. Nobody knows. I can only try guessing.

| but the author mentions that flatfish uses Brazilian proxies to
| send his posts on the site. I have reason to believe that this
| person uses many names and is the person called "nymcluster" on the
| Yahoo! SCOXQ.PK (now) boards. I also have reason to believe that
| this "flatfish" has some connections to Brazil where Marcos Flávio
| Araújo Assunção claims to have written that virus/worm.

Flatfish posts in /., Digg and other places. Abusive stuff. Stalking too.

| If the author "Erik" has any information to assist me in locating
| the actual "Gary Stewart" - it would be greatly appreciated. The

Gary lives in New York, I believe. Maybe the Hamptons. I once saw the
details in COLA archives... they narrowed down the options. Look at
pre-2004 archives.

| purpose of this request is to assist in the investigation and will
| be handed over for follow up. I only want to determine if he is
| involved, and if so, arrange for an arrest warrant. The rest is up
| to Justice and the courts to decide. If you know "Erik" and can get
| him to provide any information, I would appreciate your assistance.

NB.

| I don' think it was written by anyone in the Linux community, but
| if it was, I'd want to go after them just as much - no matter where
| the facts lead - that's where I want this to end (an arrest of the
| author and accomplices).
|
| Have a nice day Roy. Don't worry, be happy.

I believe Microsoft is involved. Not just 'the ecosystem'.