Re: [News] Al Jazeera Uses GNU/Linux

> ____/ Fred on Thursday 17 April 2008 15:59 : \____

>>> It figures you would support Al Jazeera Mark Kent.
>>>

>>         Last time I read them they seemed to be a fairly American supportive
>> organization.  Just because they use an Arab name, doesn't mean they
>> support terrorism.  It was a good place to get football, (meaning
>> soccer), scores too.
>
> One could argue that several American TV channels are "extremist". To one's
> national perceptive, the "us" versus "them" or the effect of
> government-imposed manufactured consent can be blinding. To judge a channel
> you need to check the level of hypocrisy sometimes.

Ahh, Gary's off on one of this racism trolls, then.  Yesterday, I did a
fresh search of the Astra 1 & 2 satellites and found that the Al Jazeera
english service is back up and running again, something which is good to
see.  It's the closest thing to independent reporting I've seen out of
the Gulf region.  I can dig out the transponder information if you want.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |