Re: oh, god! I hate vista!

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 23:38:21 +0000, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>So, did you install a modern O/S for the gentleman?

Unfortunately, he uses the system to stream video to an Xbox.

There are some options.  I might build him a "windoze media edition" box in his
entertainment system so that his main desktop isn't restricted to running vista.
He's seen my mythTV system and was so impressed with it that I might set him up
with a minimal MythTV system.  I mentioned the limitations with only being able
to record unscrambled video but he's cool with it.

Another possibility is to set him up with a linux system and a KVM.  Let him
decide which system is best for what he does.  It doesn't take much of a system
to brouse photo albums, but that is more than vista can handle without
choking.