[News] More WLAN and Webcam Goodness Comes to Linux

Linux Kernel news: Wlan and Webcams for everyone

,----[ Quote ]
| At the Ottawa Linux symposium the current state of Wlan in Linux was
| highlighted in detail. In the meantime, the development version of the Linux
| kernel included the gspca webcam drivers.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/08/08/linux-kernel-news-wlan-and-webcams-for-everyone/

"Windows 2000 already contains features such as the human discipline component,
where the PC can send an electric shock through the keyboard if the human does
something that does not please Windows."

                        --Bill Gates

Related:

Support for 100+ webcams in Linux 2.6.27 (USB Video Class Driver)

,----[ Quote ]
| According to a thread on the Linux uvcvideo driver mailing list if everything
| goes well we will see it included in the 2.6.27 kernel!
|
| [...]
|
| Kudos to Laurent Pinchart the main developer of uvcdriver.
`----

http://i-nz.net/2008/07/01/support-for-100plus-webcams-in-linux-2627-usb-video-class-driver/

Webcams that just work with Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The GNOME Foundation Board asked me to buy a webcam for the GNOME Events Box,
| so we could show Cheese on our stands. This could be cool together with the
| box’s new projector. I also wanted a webcam for my own use so Liam’s
| grandparents can see him in motion more often. So this was an opportunity to
| discover if any two available webcams really “just work” with Ubuntu, after
| doing some research and guessing. The results were great.
`----

http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalink/2008/03/28/webcams-that-just-work-with-ubuntu/

One man writes Linux drivers for 352 USB webcams

,----[ Quote ]