[News] The Joys of Another GNU/Linux Mini-Laptop

Ubuntu Hardy on the Vye S41 (Kohjinsha SR8…Ithink)

,----[ Quote ]
| So here’s a good topic to get into on the geekery, UMPCs.  I really like
| these small form factor laptops.  So much I’ve got 2!  Of course I’m paying
| them off, but I like the idea of being able to bring a computer with me
| everywhere.
|
| [...]
|

| In short, I’m quite happy with this Vye as a personal PC for travel and day
| to day stuff.  It’s not a gaming machine by any means, but I don’t need one.
| The burner makes it easy to burn dvds on the road, so if I go to the cottage,
| I’m never without something to watch if the days or nights are rainy.  I
| think photographers would be happy with this machine.  Take a wedding for
| example, you could have all your photos on your pc (with the built in
| SD/Memory Stick and compact flash, sort through the good, burn to cd and have
| your entire session complete before you even leave for the day.  Not bad.
`----

http://geekeree.wordpress.com/2008/08/08/ubuntu-hardy-on-the-vye-s41-kohjinsha-sr8ithink/

Recent:

32+ Ultra-Mobile PCs That Run Linux

| # MSI Wind
| # Aware A-Pad
| # 3K RazorBook
| # Sylvania G
| # Gigabyte M912V
| # Unnamed GeCube
| # VIA OpenBook
| # Ink Mobile
| # VDL Jisus
| # Lenovo IdeaPad S10
| # Dell E
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/08/04/32-ultra-mobile-pcs-that-run-linux/

Otellini: 'MID revolution will be centred round Linux'

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcretailmag.com/news/29939/Otellini-MID-revolution-will-be-centred-round-Linux