[News] [Rival] Stick a Fork Microsoft Windows, It's Dead

Some advice for Microsoft: Dump Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| In light of the new Windows flaws announced yesterday, I think it's time to
| reiterate a point I made a long time ago:
|
| It's time for Microsoft to dump Windows.
|
| In fact, ten years ago would have been a good time to start. At the risk of
| berating the obvious, it's clear that security will continue to be a major
| problem for Microsoft. The reason is their tether to legacy code, and their
| patchwork attempts to shore up their OS core. It's time to let it go.
|
| Apple did it, and did it well. They created a virtualized environment to run
| Classic MacOS apps in order to ease the transition. When they switched
| processor architectures, they developed Rosetta, which allows PowerPC apps to
| run on an Intel platform without modification, again, easing the transition.
| It can be done. It has been done. It should be done.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/venezia/archives/018104.html

Recent:

Microsoft to Users: We're Giving Up on Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| It's true: Microsoft has confirmed that it's abandoning Windows as we know
| it. Cagey as ever, the Microsofties won't say when it'll happen, but they
| have talked a little bit about what the next OS is going to look like--or not
| look like.
|
| Microsoft code-named the project Midori. As best I can figure, it's cloud
| computing: Everything, including applications and data, is on the Internet.
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtweaks/archives/007383.html

Windows 7: R.I.P.

,----[ Quote ]