[News] XP is Still Available... But It's Powered by GNU/Linux

Got XP?

,----[ Quote ]
| Since most legitimate vendors are no longer able to sell or install Windows
| XP after June 30, I have an option for you: Use Linux. That's right, retain
| that XP look and feel goodness without violating any rules or creating other
| problems for yourself by using the little known XPDE (XP Desktop
| Environment).
|
| [...]
|
| Projects like XPDE and Wine make it that much easier for companies,
| individuals, and governments to make the switch to Linux. Armed with the XP
| Desktop Environment, Microsoft Office and other applications under Wine, and
| Linux under the hood: It just doesn't get any better than that.

Even the Olympic Games, which signed a 'special' deal with another suppressive
entity, have rejected Vista (see below).

Recent:

Unwanted licences boost Vista numbers

,----[ Quote ]
| "From the 30th of June, we have no longer been able to ship a PC with an XP
| licence," said Jane Bradburn, a marketing manager for HP Australia. "However,
| what we have been able to do with Microsoft is ship PCs with a Vista Business
| licence but with XP pre-loaded. That is still the majority of business
| computers we are selling today."
|
| Therefore the Vole's claims for high Vista sales figures are merely so much
| steer manure. The major PC vendors are still preloading Windows XP, but
| Microsoft is counting those XP preloads as Vista sales.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/07/29/vista-sales-really-windows-xp

Related:

Windows Vista kicked out of Olympics PCs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/08/08/no.vista.on.olympic.pcs/

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=9579