[News] Making Money from Free Software Using Feature Requests, Sponsors

Open-source ISVs get bona fide customer referrals

,----[ Quote ]
| The recently launched online platform, on which open source developers can
| list their profiles with links to their VoIP projects, currently houses seven
| developers, hand-picked by Sangoma, with more members in the pipeline.
| Customers seeking solutions are directed to the site by Sangoma, with the
| assurance that the profiled developers are only those with which the company
| has a business association.
|
| According to Sangoma's chief software engineer Nenad Corbic, the open source
| community creates great projects not often known to customers seeking
| solutions. "[The Developer Network] is a perfect fit between trying to marry
| the open source community and the business community," he said, "and we're
| kind of wedged in between."
|
| The idea is that if customers want a specialized solution that Sangoma does
| not offer, then instead of letting "them go out in the wild and try to get
| these applications written by some third party", said Corbic, referring
| customers to a community of developers deemed trustworthy is a service unto
| itself.
`----

http://www.thestandard.com/news/2008/08/07/open-source-isvs-get-bona-fide-customer-referrals
http://tinyurl.com/5hsogc

Related:

Hire me to work on Amarok!

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/473-Hire-me-to-work-on-Amarok!.html

Open Source: Changing Models, Changing Mindsets, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/9KMRNBq3L8g6gz/Open-Source-Changing-Models-Changing-Mindsets-Part-1.xhtml