[News] Attacks on GNU/Linux a Sign of Popularity?

We Don't Need Another Linux Hater

,----[ Quote ]
| While going over Linux Hater's Blog, I can best describe it as Béranger on
| anabolic steroids. I'm sorry if I can't find a better description than that,
| but for clarity sake, I would simply put Linux Hater's blog as a series of
| rants against Linux as well as other open source software.
|
| [...]
|
| While I admire Linux hater's wit and sense of humor, and his deep knowledge
| about Linux and other free and open source software, I don't think we need
| another one like him. At this point in time, Linux need some real lovin’.
| Peace!
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/08/we-dont-need-another-linux-hater.html

"Open source is an intellectual-property destroyer [...] I can't imagine
something that could be worse than this for the software business and the
intellectual-property business. I'm an American; I believe in the American
way, I worry if the government encourages open source, and I don't think we've
done enough education of policymakers to understand the threat."

                                --Jim Allchin, Microsoft

"There’s no company called Linux, there’s barely a Linux road map. Yet Linux
sort of springs organically from the earth. And it had, you know, the
characteristics of communism that people love so very, very much about it.
That is, it’s free."

                                --Steve Ballmer

"Thanks to Mr. Gates, we now know that an open Internet with protocols anyone
can implement is communism; it was set up by that famous communist agent, the
US Department of Defense."
                                --Richard Stallman

Related:

Ten Tech Blunders: Whoops, We Stepped in It!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/11070_3679516_1