[News] Bitnami Adds More Stacks to CMSs, the Power of Participation Explained

Apache, PHP and PostgreSQL. All-in-one!

,----[ Quote ]
| We are happy to announce the release of a new set of Infrastructure Stacks:
| LAPPStack, MAPPStack and WAPPStack. These stacks provide an easy to install
| distribution of Apache, PostgreSQL, PHP and supporting libraries. The
| user-friendly installer allows users to quickly install and configure a
| PHP-PostgreSQL platform on Linux, Windows and OS X.
`----

http://bitnami.org/article/apache-php-and-postgresql-all-in-one

Involvement: Why I Love Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Not only will I enjoy the product more as a result, I'll have the
| satisfaction of knowing that thousands of systems administrators out there
| might think just for a moment, "oh, they fixed that – great!"
|
| It is an interesting experience. These small tweaks and fixes that I get to
| make aren't the biggest contribution I make to the project in terms of lines
| of code or hours of work, but they're tangible and real. The direct impact on
| the user is visible and easy to understand. Implementing unit testing and
| contributing to the building of a "Culture of Quality" in the project are
| more complex and significant contributions, but they're also more abstract.
| The small tweaks are actually kind of fun, and it's nice to know that here
| and there, they is me.
`----

http://community.joomla.org/magazine/article/517-involvement-why-i-love-open-source-alan-langford.html

Recent: