Re: [News] IBM's Supercomputing Source Code Set Free

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 11:43:47 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

> When are they going move their employees off the Windows platform and
> onto the Linux platform like they promised years ago?
>
> It's hysterical when a company like IBM can build and write code for a
> supercomputer but can't seem to migrate their employees laptops to
> Linux.

I'm not familiar with the particulars, but I think this demonstrates that
technical achievements are sometimes "easier" than changing people's
minds.

> Maybe IBM should call Munich or Vienna for advice?

Sounds like a good idea for a non-profit organization to collect
information from IBM and so forth for reference.  Err, preferably not
associated with "get the facts" ;)

-Thufir