Re: Word better at ODF than KOffice!

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Wednesday 06 August 2008 13:25 : \____

> On Aug 6, 5:04 am, Tim Smith <reply_in_gr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Interesting study on document compatibility among different programs:
>>
>>    <http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1201708>
>>
>> They made basic word-processing documents using OpenOffice for ODF, and
>> Microsoft Office 2007 for OOXML, and then checked them in other
>> programs.  For the ODF documents, here's how the programs scored, with
>> 100 being perfect:
>>
>> 100   OpenOffice
>>  97   StarOffice
>>  96   Word using Sun's ODF plug-in
>>  94   Word using CleverAge/MS plug-in
>>  86   WordPerfect
>>  79   KOffice
>>  76   Google Docs
>>  55   AbiWord
>>  47   TextEdit
>>
>> For OOXML documents, here are the results, again using 100 for perfect:
>>
>> 100   Office 2007
>> 100   Office 2003
>>  99   Office 2008 Mac
>>  96   OpenOffice
>>  95   Pages
>>  84   WordPerfect
>>  83   ThinkFree Office
>>  43   TextEdit
>>
>> So much for Roy's FUD that it is impossible for anyone to implement
>> OOXML.

True. Not even Microsoft has it implemented. It /NEVER/ will. It pretty much
said so (Brian Jones).

>> OpenOffice and Pages both have done a better job of implementing
>> OOXML than anyone outside of OpenOffice and Sun has done at implementing
>> ODF.
>>
>> --
>> --Tim Smith
>
> The conclusion is obvious.  If you want to have documents free of
> vendor lock-in, use ODF on OpenOffice.

Nothing to see here really. Timmy and Microsoft are still fighting against ODF.
I've heard things about their recent ODF 'meeting'... how they try to ruin ODF
(negative changes) and issue lots of warning message to scare people who wish
to use it.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    United States: #1 in spam export
 15:05:01 up 16 days,  1:11,  2 users,  load average: 0.83, 0.82, 0.72