[News] Lenono to Offer GNU/Linux Laptops (Ideapads)

Lenovo launches Ideapad S10

,----[ Quoye ]
| Lenovo will sell a lower priced model with a smaller 9-inch screen outside
| the US, where it will also offer Linux preloaded instead of Windows XP.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/08/04/lenovo-launches-ideapad-s10
http://tinyurl.com/64k5my

"I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
they should do a delicate dance"

                --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief

Recent:

Lenovo to Enter Netbook Market by Late September

,----[ Quote ]
| Do you want to know just how promising the netbook market really is? The
| answer to that is simple: just enough to make Lenovo want a share of the pie
| with one of its own products. Apparently, the Chinese computer manufacturer
| is highly interested in the emerging market – so much so that it is already
| considering the possible release of product to compete with ASUS' vast Eee PC
| family and with all the other available netbooks.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Lenovo-to-Enter-Netbook-Market-by-Late-September-91078.shtml

Details emerge on Lenovo's Atom-based handheld

,----[ Quote ]
| We already learned at CES that it runs Linux, is Web-enabled, has GPS, plays
| music, and takes photos.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9909327-7.html?tag=nefd.blgs

Related:

Lenovo sells ThinkPads with Ubuntu preinstalled

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://littleubuntuuser.blogspot.com/