Re: How I got a Windows Vista refund from HP

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:39:28 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ thufir on Sunday 03 August 2008 20:11 : \____
>
>> On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 13:04:54 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/04/25/microsoft_eula/
>>>
>>> Germany, by the way, also forbids what Microsoft did to Linux last year
>>> (slander around patents without any proof... never  even mind if
>>> software patents are suitable as toilet paper replacement in the
>>> country).
>>

>> Germany has some good laws about advertising and marketing.
>>

>> -Thufir
>
> The UK banned Microsoft's "Get the Farts (Facts)," IIRC.

They did indeed:

http://www.cxolinux.com/linux/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=1393&cat_id=1202

The South African Advertising Agency also pulled a M$ ad, as misleading:

http://www.itweb.co.za/sections/business/2003/0303201315.asp?S=Software&A=SFT&O=FPMS

--
Is a M$ "Certificate of Authenticity"
for Vista, a junk bond?