[News] [Rival] Microsoft is Scared

What Is Microsoft So Afraid Of?

,----[ Quote ]
| But Microsoft's unusual behavior over the last few weeks has taken a
| different form: for the first time, perhaps since the Netscape threat arose
| in the early 1990s, Microsoft is acting scared.
`----

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/IndustryInfo/story?id=5489335&page=1

Microsoft Calls Firefox Competitor To Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| The report shows that Microsoft is aware of its own important balancing act
| as the company strives to maintain its relevance and dominance in the
| services era.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/browsers/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=209901631

Microsoft: a loss of $110,000,000,000 in value so far this year.

Recent:

Microsoft Holders Say Web Spending Masks Idea Drought (Update1)

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer says he plans to spend
| hundreds of millions of dollars to fix the company's unprofitable Internet
| business. His investors say they want proof he knows what to do with the
| money.
|
| After walking away from six months of on-again, off-again talks about buying
| all or part of Yahoo! Inc., owner of the No. 2 Web search engine, Ballmer has
| left shareholders wondering if he has a plan B.
|
| Microsoft, the biggest software maker, has lost about $90 billion in market
| value this year as Ballmer vacillated on Yahoo and failed to show how he
| would crack Google Inc.'s dominance of Internet advertising.
`----

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aqWZ_7PKAYi4&refer=news

A prayer for Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]