Re: FAQ and Primer for comp.os.linux.advocacy, Edition III Part 2

Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> * High Plains Thumper peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> 7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics
>>
>>   [1.] Act offended or claim that opposing viewpoints are incredible and/or
>>        unbelievable. When you are unable to valid argument to refute a Linux
>>        advocate, use empty statements such as:
>>           * "OH PULEEEZE!"
>>           * "Only a Linonut would say that"
>
> Indeed, you can thank flatfish+++ for my street name.

Haha!  That's very very very ironic.   Oddly, even after all these
years, I *still* find the nym "choppers macgee" funny in some
indefinable way.

>>   [2.] Distract your opponent from the issues at hand...
>>   [3.] Put your opponent off guard by insulting him.
>>   [4.] Be patronizing, condescending and present an air of superiority.
>>   [5.] Discredit your opponent or his position through the use of
>>        inappropriate laugher and other non-verbal grunts.
>>   [6.] When your tactics are turned on you, call you opponents trolls.
>>   [7.] Keep posting non-stop.  Flood the group with your idiocy and nonsense.
>>   [8.] Brag about destroying newsgroups and threaten to do the same to
>>        comp.os.linux.advocacy.
>>   [9.] Drive as many good Linux Advocates out of the group as possible.
>>    10. Refuse to admit your errors
>>    11. Never apologize for your misbehavior
>>    12. Blame your stupidity and lies on your opponent
>>    13. Embarrass your opponent
>>    14. Blackmail your opponent
>>    15. Avoid answering direct questions
>>    16. Turn a question asked of you back on your opponent
>>    17. Don't substantiate your claims
>>    18. Don't discuss evidence counter to your position
>>    19. Present multiple personalities
>>    20. Narrow the scope of threads so that you can handle it.
>>    21. Widen the scope of threads to swamp out the original issue.
>>    22. Use invalid statistics
>>    23. Lie
>>    24. Ignore dictionaries when they don't support you
>>    25. Attack new posters who favor Linux
>>    26. Attack typos and ignore the content of the message.
>>    27. Use Spelling and Grammatical Errors to Distract
>>    28. Start trolling threads
>>    29. Unreasonably proclaim your reasonableness
>>    30. Expose yourself on COLA.
>>    31. If it makes Microsoft or Windows look bad call it a rumor
>>    32. Promote Windows at every opportunity
>>    33. Claim false Alignment
>>        Deny!  Deny! Deny!
>>    34. Use of false identities
>>    35. When thing get too hot go away
>>    36. Enter COLA as a sleeper.
>>    37. Enter COLA as a false disgruntled Linux user.
>>    38. Never leave a Linux positive thread unchallenged.
>>    39. Lie about what you know
>>    40. Avoid providing any help.
>>    41. Use of Undefined Terminology
>>    42. Use fake email addresses.
>>    43. Citing vapor postings
>>    44. Use being an idiot as an excuse
>>    45. Criticize Linux Advocates but ignore anti-Linux propagandist
>>    46. Accept the claims of other anti-Linux propagandists as face value
>>    47. Don't do your own homework
>>    48. Don't let your ignorance stop you from posting
>>    49. Restate the issues to support your preconceptions
>>    50. Claim god like attributes
>>    51. Claim only you understand what the issues are.
>>    52. Invoke the mythical average user
>>    53. Use extortion to build an army
>>    54. The devil made me do it
>
> What a list.

It could probably be extended yet further.  How about "hound genuine
cola advocates elsewhere"?

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |