[News] StarOffice Can Replace Microsoft, But the Cloud to Beat All?

Star Office by Sun Microsystems Part 1

| You might wonder why I think this section is necessary. If you switch to
| OpenOffice or StarOffice, your colleuges at work, your friends, family, and
| everyone else in the world may not. This means that you will undoubtedly need
| to read the documents they create using your office application and it needs
| to be compatible.
`----

http://thedullbulb.blogspot.com/2008/07/star-office-by-sun-microsystems-part-1.html

Cloud Computing : Apocalypse Now!

,----[ Quote ]
| I definitely need a new career: the IT is going from crazy to nuts. From
| Thomas John Watson to Gerrit Huizenga.
|
| A quick timeline:
|
| 1943: «I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.» — Thomas
| John Watson Sr., Chairman, IBM Corporation
|
| 2008: «Cloud computing is it. The next big thing. The future of computing.
| There will be only five clouds in the future.» — Gerrit Huizenga, Solutions
| Architect, Cloud Computing & Open Source expert, Systems and Technology
| Group, IBM Corporation
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/08/01/07/06/30-cloud-computing-apocalypse-now-

Days ago:

Google enrolled for schools email deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has snatched what is believed to be its biggest single client in the
| world - the NSW Department of Education - away from its rival Microsoft to
| claim up to 1.3 million new users of its free email product.

`----

http://www.smh.com.au/news/biztech/google-enrolled-for-schools-email-deal/2008/07/29/1217097291695.html

Last week:

Swapping Microsoft for Google works at UK paper

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/mgmt/10838431FC553C91CC257491000760E8