[News] KDE 4.1 a Big Change from 4.0

Is KDE back? 4.1 launches

,----[ Quote ]
| As if to apologize for KDE 4.0, the project's release manager, Dirk Muller,
| released 4.1 along with the news that some 20,803 commits had happened since
| 4.0, not counting 15,432 translation check-ins, nor about 35,000 commits that
| went into "working" branches. That's a lot of hacking.
|
| [...]
|
| The rest of the changes include library enhancements, improved applications
| and frameworks -- all the little things. It sounds promising!
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS3263291244.html?kc=rss

Recent:

KDE 4.1 delivers a next-gen desktop Linux experience

,----[ Quote ]
| Although the weaknesses of the flawed 4.0 release provoked widespread
| criticism from users, version 4.1 is so polished that it feels like a
| completely different piece of software. This version truly delivers on KDE's
| promise of a next-generation Linux desktop environment, and it completes the
| foundation for a strong 4.x series.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080729-kde-4-1-delivers-a-next-gen-desktop-linux-experience.html
http://tinyurl.com/6dg7zu

KDE 4.1 - Wow!

,----[ Quote ]
| So I downloaded it to work alongside KDE 3.5 and wow, is it awesome! It's
| almost like an entirely different program, making my darling Ubuntu Gnome
| desktop look a little boring itself. I may even do a fresh install of Kubuntu
| in this partition with KDE 4, then upgrade to KDE 4.1. In any case, I'm sure
| I'll report back with more to say!
`----

http://sharplinux.blogspot.com/2008/07/kde-4-wow.html

Movies about KDE 4.1 Alpha