[News] Those Who Know Better Use Open Source Web Browsers

The market share of Firefox vs. Internet Explorer

,----[ Quote ]
| In short, among techies, IE was used 52 percent of the time and Firefox
| either 32 percent or 43 percent. The higher percentage was at W3Schools.com
| and chances are that their users are more technically inclined than those at
| Javatester.org. Among a more general audience of web users, IE scored 62
| percent and Firefox 26 percent.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13554_3-10018838-33.html

18 Tools to Turn Firefox 3 into a Communications Portal

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox can be made into so much more than just a browser via its huge
| extension base.  Yes, this means you can replace some of your instant
| messenger, chat and microblogging needs by adding just a few extensions. Here
| are 18 tools that will let you turn your Firefox 3 browser into a
| communications portal.
`----

http://mashable.com/2008/08/19/firefox-3-communications-tools/

Quote for the day:

"To me, Bill is the great white shark that looks at minnows with no more
consciousness than we look at a plate of food. The shark has no soul. The
shark knows no boundaries. All it has is an appetite. When the shark gets
hungry, it thinks “I’m hungry”, so it eats."

                                --Mitch Kertzman, former CEO of Sybase

Recent:

Guiness World Record Certificate in your name - Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| The record is 15,067,570 downloads (15 Million). Country wise, USA tops the
| list with a whooping 4 million + downloads. Surprisingly, sans the US,
| relatively small countries like Iran and France clocked more downloads than
| its larger counterparts like India and China.
|
| If you are one of the people who downloaded Firefox on June 17th, then
| congratulations !!; You are a part of the Guiness Book of World Records. And
| the people at Firefox are ever too grateful to forget your valuable
| contribution.
`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2008/06/guiness-world-record-certificate-in.html

How Can We Harness the Firefox Effect?