[News] Big Myths About GNU/Linux Put to Rest

9 Linux Myth Debunked

,----[ Quote ]
| When it comes to Linux there are 3 kinds of people, those who never heard of
| it, those who are afraid of it, and those who hate it and spread falsities
| about it. I don’t really care about the first, they probably aren’t really
| technologically literate anyways, as long as they have E-mail they are
| content. While the second group is the result of the actions of the third.
| Let’s hit two birds with one stone shall we?
|
| 1-Linux is More Secure Because it Has A Smaller User Base
|
| It is widely argued that Linux is more secure than Windows just because
| Windows is more popular, so hackers and virus coders tend to focus on the
| more popular platform. Actually, this is just one side of the story There are
| so many other things running for Linux security-wise that totally dispels
| this myth.
`----

http://hehe2.net/linux-general/9-linux-myth-debunked/

Very good post.

Linux Myth #2 - Linux is more difficult to install than Windows or OS X

,----[ Quote ]
| Before you are three discs - Leopard (OS X), Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 2008.4) and
| Windows XP each respectively in front of a whitebox desktop. For those not in
| the know, a “whitebox” computer is a clone, or generic computer; not a name
| brand model like Dell or HP. They are the systems you get a computer shows,
| have built by a local Mom and Pop shop, or build yourself. The task is to
| install each operating system onto each computer respectively. My point is to
| debunk the myth that Linux is harder to install than Windows or OS X. This is
| going to be a bit tough, because it presupposes a person who is going to
| perform the install already has some experience installing operating systems.
| Contrary to the first myth, that “Linux is not for the general user because
| it is too difficult for the general user to install;” we are now moving
| beyond the general user to a more technical person.
`----

http://www.thelinuxlink.net/myblog/?p=97

Recent:

Top 10 Linux FUD Patterns, Part 5