[News] [Rival] IPhone Released Not Ready

Iphone dropped calls a global problem

,----[ Quote ]
| Most commentators have been pointing the finger at networks, but the latest
| report from Yahoo News shifts the blame onto the shoulders of chipset
| manufacturer Infineon Technologies.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/08/18/iphone-dropped-calls-global

With an advertising budget like Apple's, it's possible to sweep such problems
under the rug. With an AstroTurfing budget like Microsoft, it's possible to
attack Linux phones, which don't rely on brainwash to sell.

Recent:

Jobs Trumpets App Store's Bursting Till, Confirms Kill Switch

,----[ Quote ]
| The App Store has taken in about $1 million per day since it opened,
| according to Apple CEO Steve Jobs. He's also confirmed the existence of a
| so-called kill switch -- a feature embedded in the iPhone that gives Apple
| the ability to destroy an app in a user's phone remotely. Jobs described the
| inclusion of the kill switch as a safety measure in case a secretly malicious
| program ever got passed around.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Jobs-Trumpets-App-Stores-Bursting-Till-Confirms-Kill-Switch-64124.html?welcome=1218510053
http://tinyurl.com/6ypzpr

Apple’s Deceptive iPhone Advertising

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple’s attempt to portray the iPhone 3G experience as just as fast as a real
| computer hooked up to the real internet is a shameful demonstration of
| flat-out fakery.
`----

http://technocrat.net/d/2008/8/13/47703

Rotten hardware core in Apple's iPhone 3G

,----[ Quote ]
| The news that the iPhone 3G could be suffering from 3G reception issues due
| to faulty hardware, which apparently can't be fixed by a firmware update, has
| flashed across the web. The debate now rages: who is right?
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20020/1151/

Apple + ActiveSync is eating email on my iPhone: iCrap?

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm a huge Apple fan. Today, however, I couldn't be more disappointed. I keep
| seeing pretty, shiny things...and then finding out they're iCrap underneath.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9989279-16.html?hhTest=1

My MacBook Air dies while Google Docs is offline

,----[ Quote ]
| I have to reboot every 30 minutes or so to get back to a workable condition
| and then wait for the CPU to max out again.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-9985585-62.html?hhTest=1

iTunes Store "Unavailable": This iPod Touch Owner is Stuck in Update Limbo

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm not alone. I've been able to find plenty of iPod Touch, first-gen iPhone,
| and new iPhone 3G owners just like me stuck in the same boat. For over 8
| hours I've been unable to update my iPod Touch because the Apple iTunes
| Store's servers are overwhelmed.
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/007248.html

iPhone 3G Frenzy Causes Glitch