[News] 4 GNU/Linux Distros Released: Paldo, Scientific Linux Live, xPUD, ClarkConnect

  • Subject: [News] 4 GNU/Linux Distros Released: Paldo, Scientific Linux Live, xPUD, ClarkConnect
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:54:01 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

paldo 1.15 released

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce the release of paldo 1.15 with many bug fixes and
| updates.
`----

http://www.paldo.org/

Scientific Linux Live CD/DVD 5.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Scientific Linux Live CD/DVD 5.2 has been released for i386 and x86_64
|
| The Scientific Linux Live CD/DVD runs Scientific Linux directly from CD/DVD
| without installing.
| It can be downloaded from
| ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/livecd/52.
`----

https://www.scientificlinux.org/news/livecd-52

Welcome to Scientific Linux (SL)

,----[ Quote ]
| SL is a Linux release put together by Fermilab, CERN, and various other labs
| and universities around the world. Its primary purpose is to reduce
| duplicated effort of the labs, and to have a common install base for the
| various experimenters.
`----

https://www.scientificlinux.org/

xPUD 0.8 @

http://pud-linux.sourceforge.net/

Release Notes - ClarkConnect 4.3

,----[ Quote ]
| The following release notes provide an overview of the ClarkConnect 4.3
| release. All users should read this document, but special attention should be
| made by users upgrading their systems to this release.
`----

http://www.clarkconnect.com/docs/Release_Notes_-_ClarkConnect_4.3

Related:

Scientific Linux live CD/DVD previews RH5

,----[ Quote ]
| A preview of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, which won't be released
| for about a month, is available via the latest Scientific Linux 5
| (SL5) alpha live CD/DVD, released this week. Built from source
| packages for RHEL 5, SL5 sports a 2.6.18 kernel and either the
| KDE or GNOME desktops.

ClarkConnect: Open source gateway options for the remote office

,----[ Quote ]
| Provisioning a highly functional yet inexpensive remote network solution for
| remote sites is a continually evolving challenge. I have started an endeavor
| that will be considering the ClarkConnect Internet gateway distribution of
| Linux.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/networking/?p=553

Clarkconnect 4.2 Community Edition - Open Source Linux Gateway/Mail/Proxy etc

,----[ Quoite ]
| Overall, I am very happy with Clarkconnect 4.2. It's been rock solid, and
| does everything well. Far quicker and easier than DIY with any given Linux
| distribution, lots of community support (good forums too), and Point Clark
| Networks offer a free intgrated DDNS service, and and update service for
| packages, filters etc.
`----

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/tonyhughes/4696

ClarkConnect: Turns an Average PC into a Powerful Network Server

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxlove.org/2007/12/10/clarkconnect-turns-an-average-pc-into-a-powerful-network-server/