Re: Chain Successfully Migrates to GNU/Linux in 30 Branches

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, thufir
<hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 14 Aug 2008 04:10:00 GMT
<seOok.2083$hx.1334@pd7urf3no>:
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:35:04 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>
>>> Why go Java?  You can do it faster in Ruby on Rails. Less hassle
>>> too......
>
> because Java is more well known?  At least it's cross platform.

So is C#, after a fashion, because of Mono.  I won't say
it's better, especially with patent encumbrances.  I do
like C#'s built-in SOAP support, though I can't say I
use either C# or SOAP that often.

>> Why not use C#?  On Windows, that makes perfect sense.
>
> Yes :(

Assuming "Windows" and "perfect sense" belong in the same sentence
anyway.

>> Regrettably, I'm not familiar enough with Ruby (beyond knowing it's
>> similar to Smalltalk) to work with it.
>

> http://poignantguide.net/ruby/  should be right up your alley :)

Thanks. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #23291:
void f(item *p) { if(p != 0) delete p; }