Re: [News] Top EPO Figure: Patents Are Moot in Age of Cooperation

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:44:39 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

> If you're prepared to accept that the two items above are acceptable, it
> must surely be the case that downloading someone else's recording of
> something which was streamed to your house but you weren't there to
> watch it, and forgot to set the video, should also be okay, should it
> not?

Well, actually, not because now the other person is distributing content
which they don't have a license for.  Similarly, if you distribute GPL'ed
software be ready to provide the source.  The same laws, so far as I
know, come into play.

-Thufir