Re: Olympic Videos not being offered to Linux Users by NBC

Verily I say unto thee, that Rockinghorse Winner spake thusly:

> Well, now that you can buy everything over the internet, and there
> are no more mom and pop retailers, and the music companies are dying,
> and high fidelity sound is dying, and the forums are almost all
> corporate owned, and usenet is dying and the corporate goons are
> monitoring what files you send and receive over the internet, is it
> really a surprise that MSLSD won't let OSS users access video of the
> International Olympics online? I can't think of a better symbol for
> where we are today....

This perhaps:

http://media.slated.org/albums/userpics/10002/The_Truth_about_the_Vista_logo.ogg

I've no problem with commercial exploitation, provided it is just the
business opportunity that's being exploited, and not the people.

When corporations veer too far from subsistence into greed, and become
the lawmakers by proxy, to pervert /opportunity/ into /monopoly/, that's
when business changes from being a healthy and necessary function of
society, into a vicious monster that displaces democracy for fascism.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
| longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
| ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083

 01:00:56 up 236 days, 21:36,  4 users,  load average: 1.87, 1.58, 1.27