[News] A Look at the New KDE4 Desktop Grid

The new desktop grid

,----[ Quote ]
| Changes include:
|
|     * Multi-monitor support
|     * Aspect ratio of the screen is kept when zoomed out
|     * Borders around desktops [Configurable]
|     * Display desktop names [Configurable]
|     * Ability to manually change the desktop layout [Configurable]
|
|     [...]
`----

http://www.undefinedfire.com/kde/new-desktop-grid/

KDE Utils Lineup

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the release process improvements that happened with KDE 4 is the move
| to have module maintainers. This has ment some of the lesser loved modules
| now have a greater sense of community which helps a lot for those apps which
| are otherwise developed all alone. Here is the kdeutils members who were at
| Akademy.
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3607

They all got those Maemo tablets to put Qt and Mozilla stuff on them. :-)

Recent:

KDE4 Desktop Effects

,----[ Quote ]
| I installed KDE4 on my desktop today so I could finally try out KWin in all
| its glory. If you haven't tried it yet I highly recommend it. KDE4 with
| desktop effects enabled is simply gorgeous. It's fast, responsive, and comes
| with a nice array of effects options.
`----

http://linuxappfinder.com/blog/kde4_desktop_effects

Related:

KDE 4.0.0 - KWin Composite Showcast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrFz7IxXppU

KDE4 Desktop Effects (KWin Composite) Video Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve now updated to the latest openSUSE KDE4 Packages and got another video
| (first one being: KDE 4.0 RC1+ Video Tour) to add, and it’s one all about the
| new KDE 4.0 KWin composite; that is, the new desktop effects that will be
| available with KDE 4.0.
`----

http://francis.giannaros.org/blog/2007/12/03/kde4-desktop-effects-kwin-composite-video-tour/

KDE Project Day at FOSS.IN/2007

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE will be participating at FOSS.IN/2007, India's premier FOSS event in
| Bangalore. KDE Project Day is this Wednesday 5th December.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1196683982/

Playing around with KWin 4

,----[ Quote ]
| The first one is of the PresentWindows effect and the second one is of the
| DesktopGrid effect
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2007/11/12/playing-around-with-kwin-4/

KDE Commit Digest - Issue 93 - 13th January 2008

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2