Re: [News] Richard Stallman on the Extreme Corruption in Industry

____/ Homer on Tuesday 12 August 2008 15:28 : \____

>> Free software pioneer Richard Stallman on his experience in Cuba
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
> [...]
>> | RMS: [...] One of the things we see when businesses have too much
>> | power is that they corrupt those watchdogs, and we see this in the
>> | U.S. all the time. The U.S. government has ceased to effectively
>> | monitor the market to make sure it works well. Instead, it is a
>> | tool in the hands of big business. So instead of capitalism of a
>> | useful kind, we now have extreme capitalism, which is thoroughly
>> | corrupt. And the results of that are increasingly bad, here and
>> | everywhere else.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.computerworld.com/stallman_on_cuba
>
> You should watch Lessig's latest presentation too:
>
> http://lessig.org/blog/2008/07/netroots_nation_keynote.html
>
> The corruption in America is out of control.

Yeah, I posted this here some time ago. His blog has some good stuff on
occasions. It just needs more readers supporting his cause.

>> Just watch what Microsoft is trying to do to Apache at the moment.
>
> And Microsoft is one of the primary protagonists of that corruption, at
> the leading edge of the vile corporatist agenda.
>
>> Former Microsoft Manager Gets 2 Years In Jail
>
> The whole stinking lot of them, including their "evangelists", should
> get life. In fact, I think we should just turn the US into a prison
> colony, whilst giving political asylum to the ordinary people trapped in
> this fascist dictatorship, and let the corporatists club each other to
> death for the money. Once they've annihilated themselves we can send the
> decent Americans back home to rebuild an actual democratic society.

"I had a dream."

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Proprietary cripples communication
Mem:   2075800k total,  1899124k used,   176676k free,    52336k buffers