[News] GNU/Linux on Every Computer from Dell?

Dell’s comeback machine

,----[ Quote ]
| There are some surprises beneath the surface of the Latitude line as well.
| One is an optional Linux-based low-power mode called Dell Latitude On, which
| boots in two seconds. It offers more than a day’s worth of battery life for
| basic tasks like web surfing, Exchange e-mail, and viewing e-mail
| attachments, and runs on an ARM-based (ARMH) chip rather than the main Intel
| processor. (HP and Lenovo laptops offer similar Linux modes, but with fewer
| capabilities.)
`----

http://bigtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/08/12/dells-comeback-machine/

Ballmer prepares to blast some kneecaps.

Recent:

SplashTop Linux On HP, Dell Notebooks?

,----[ Quote ]
| Days after we delivered that inaugural review, we found out DeviceVM was in
| talks with OEMs about shipping SplashTop on desktops and notebooks.
|
| [...]
|
| In addition to the instant-on Linux excitement this week for the HP Envy 133,
| Dell is apparently working on a similar Linux solution. Engadget has shared
| details surrounding the Dell E and E Slim.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=splashtop_voodoo&num=1

Asus laptops get ‘instant-on Linux’

,----[ Quote ]
| The Splashtop OS, which Asus rebrands as Express Gate, consist of a
| proprietary real-time ‘core engine’ called by the notebook’s BIOS, atop which
| sits a highly customised Linux stack
`----

http://apcmag.com/Content.aspx?id=2318

Asus to launch laptops with Linux Net software

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=2015115267&rid=-50