[News] To Popular GNU/Linux/FOSS Audiocasts Published

Ubuntu Podcast Episode #4

,----[ Quote ]
| We recorded the podcast from the IBM conference center in Atlanta on
| 8/9/2008. Jim, Josh, and Nick discuss the upcoming Atlanta Linux Fest 2008 as
| well as what’s new in the Ubuntu community. There is a high res .avi download
| encoded in xvid, as well as the streaming flash, .mp3 and .ogg audio formats.
| I will try to post a lower resolution video for those with lower bandwidth,
| but I wanted to get this out.
`----

http://ubuntupodcast.net/?p=10

Linux Outlaws 50 - The Big Five-O

,----[ Quote ]
| Fabian Scherschel and Dan Lynch, despite being blocked in China, talk about
| masturbating monkeys, all kinds of Linux and F/OSS stories and keep a
| watchful eye on what Microsoft is up to.
`----

http://linuxoutlaws.com/podcast/50

It's getting to be a crowded space... Linux shows.

Related:

Free software is cheaper: case study while creating a podcast

,----[ Quote ]
| Cost of “The Beer Crate” with proprietary software
|
| Can you hear me spluttering yet?
|
| That’s between $217 and $1,832 to create a 15 minute weekly podcast!
| Furthermore, on a couple of occasions, I’ve needed to check-up on the podcast
| to make sure I didn’t say something I thought I did. In these cases I’ve
| often been at work. So, I take a ten minute break and download the file. I
| then edit it with Audacity, review the script, and re-encode it before
| uploading it back to the server. Had I not used free software, I’d need
| another license for the sample editor on my work machine. I just thought I’d
| mention it…
|
| That’s between $217 and $1,832 to create a 15 minute weekly podcast!
|
| Conclusion
|
| So with this level of cost, is it any wonder Microsoft feel compelled to
| bundle so much software for free with their operating system?
|
| And is it any wonder I use free software rather than proprietary
| applications?
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/free_software_is_cheaper

Linux appliance brings podcasting to the people

,----[ Quote ]
| Box Populi, formerly "Webcast in a box," has used Linux to create a
| podcast capture appliance that aims to make podcasting as dead-simple
| as possible, in order to give everyone a "voice in public discourse, not
| just those who own TV towers."

The Linux Foundation Launches New Podcast Series With Linus Torvalds

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/industries/technology/article/linux-foundation-launches-new-podcast-series-linus-torvalds_427549_12.html
http://tinyurl.com/2shzmc