[News] GNU/Linux Turns Into Appliance on Servers

Canonical Preparing Virtual Ubuntu Server Appliances

,----[ Quote ]
| In a bid to speed and simplify server application installations, Canonical is
| developing so-called virtual Ubuntu Linux Server appliances, The VAR Guy
| learned at LinuxWorld Expo.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/08/07/canonical-preparing-virtual-ubuntu-server-appliances/

Canonical’s Smartest Move of 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Several years from now — if Canonical manages to convert thousands of small,
| midsize and large organizations to Ubuntu — then it may make sense to revive
| the Ubuntu Live conference. In the meantime, Canonical spent its money far
| more wisely preaching to new converts at LinuxWorld Expo in San Francisco.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2008/08/10/canonicals-smartest-move-of-2008/

Recent:

Canonical To Offer Alfresco Labs Pre-Packaged Within Ubuntu Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| Alfresco Software, Inc., the leader in open source enterprise content
| management (ECM), today announced that Canonical, the commercial sponsor of
| the highly regarded Linux distribution, Ubuntu, will offer Alfresco Labs 3
| within a pre-built software download as part of its partner repository. Using
| the simple apt-get command, end-users can execute a full installation, with
| all drivers and relevant dependencies pre-packaged. This move provides
| Alfresco with a new platform from which to reach a rapidly expanding Ubuntu
| user-base.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080805005291&newsLang=en
http://tinyurl.com/667twa