Re: Bill Gates Received ?Golden Vaporware Award? for Cheating Industry

* DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Rex Ballard wrote:
>> On Aug 10, 2:43 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Microsoft is well-versed in the use of vaporware tactics
>>> to dampen interest in the products of its competitors.
>>> Microsoft?s use of vaporware traces back to the very origins
>>> of the company, when Bill Gates informed MITS the
>>
>> Vaporware is a polite Euphemism for fraud.  Telling someone that you
>> have a product for sale, which you don't actually have, for the
>> purpose of getting them to commit to a product other than the one
>> advertised or announced, is fraud.
>
> If there's anything cola Linux "advocates" know a lot about, it's fraud and
> deception.

You wrote the book on it.

> What's it called when www.ubuntu.com says Ubuntu freezeware is "perfect for
> laptops, desktops and servers."?
>
> Outright lying, of course.

How so?  I thought you used a server OS yourself?  Who's going to
overload a desktop manager and multi-media applications on a server
anyway?  They might load X manually for awhile if there's some handy GUI
tool, but why have it running full-time?  A waste of RAM and CPU usage.

--
bozone, n.:
	The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas