Re: [News] Microsoft's Partner Group Says GNU/Linux' Desktop Market Share is 4%

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

____/ Phil Da Lick! on Monday 11 August 2008 10:06 : \____

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Netbooks A Linux Stronghold?

,----[ Quote ]
| For years, backers of open-source software have hoped to push Microsoft
| out of its dominant position in desktops and laptops. Windows-powered
| personal computers account for more than 90% of unit sales,. Linux 4%,
| Gartner says.
`----

http://ca.biz.yahoo.com/ibd/080807/tech.html?.v=1
Bound to be wrong. The mighty bbc says 0.8% so 0.8% it is.

You mean the same BBC that pissed off Linux users in the UK, only to _later_
propose some second-class alternative (as if Linux is for second-class
citizens)? The same BBC that reaches 'the masses' and assumes that HTTP
headers can be parsed accurately?

The same BBC whose technical chief left and is now facing anti-trust claims?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/08/kangaroo_extension/

The BBC that cannot even keep its data safe?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4481621.ece

The same BBC whose technical (media) department, the one that tell you about
GNU/Linux, is headed by a Microsoft executive?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jul/15/bbc.digitalmedia?gusrc=rss&feed=media

The same BBC that passed lots of money to Microsoft for nothing?

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/blog/iPlayerProtestReport

The same BBC that lied about DRM, got grilled by the parliament and could not
justify the huge expenses and snubbing taxpayers who *upgraded* to GNU/Linux,
Microsoft's #1 rival (according to Microsoft's CEO <
http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc
)?

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/2008/01/10/bbc-director-general-grilled-by-mps-on-iplayer/

The same BBC that overspent £36m?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/technology/s/1051855_bbc_website_36m_overspend?rss=yes?rss=yes

The same BBC that became Microsoft's advertising department (at taxpayers'
expense)?

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/05/bbc-has-drunk-its-brain.html

The same BBC that lets Bill Gates publish his own promotional dross as though
he's a journalist, at taxpayers' expense?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/14/bill_gates_bbc_secrets/

The same BBC that rewrites history about Microsoft, glorifies an
already-convicted Gates, and markets spyware (Vista) at taxpayers' expense?

The same BBC that lies to GNU/Linux users to get them off its back?

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/04/has-bbc-duped-us-over-iplayer.html

The same BBC that behaves no better than the Chinese government and does not
cover major protests?

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/iPlayerProtest

The same BBC that actually invited Microsoft over for visits?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/07/remoulding_microsoft_for_the_w.html

Na... it must be a different BBC you are talking about. The one mention above
is just too corrupt to be taken seriously.

Being a citizen of the UK, I know all that, but apparently its part of the wintroll bible.