[News] Interview with Red Hat VP, Ubuntu's Alan Pope

Red Hat VP readies virtualisation roadmap

,----[ Quote ]
| Now virtualisation is run on somewhere between six to eight percent of
| servers, we think in the next two years that will be 90 percent of servers
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/256173/red_hat_vp_readies_virtualisation_roadmap

An interview with Alan Pope

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, it’s that time again folks–time for another Ubuntu Community
| Interviews. We have a special interview this time around. Alan Pope,
| sometimes known as Popey, is a systems administrator, an Ubuntu Member, a
| member of the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Membership Council (as am
| I…). Departing from our tradition in these interviews, he is someone who does
| not enjoy using web forums.
`----

http://matthewhelmke.net/wordpress/2008/08/09/an-interview-with-alan-pope/

Recent:

Red Hat Takes Hypervisor Control Back From Citrix

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat announced two important moves this week; open sourcing of Red Hat
| Network Satellite, and their own virtualization hypervisor oVirt. Open
| sourcing RHN Satellite is fundamentally about showing the industry Red Hat is
| still the keeper of the open source flame but the real strategic move is the
| development of oVirt. oVirt is built upon Kernel Virtual Mode, or KVM, which
| is virtualization built right into the Linux operating system, and has been
| maturing over the past two years. Until now Red Hat's virtualization strategy
| has been built around open source Xen, much like other players such as Oracle
| and Sun Microsystems.
|
| When Citrix took over Xen, it created a sticky situation for vendors
| depending on the Xen open source software for their virtualization
| strategies.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/29120

No Recession at Red Hat