Re: Linux to Windows: My Clipboard is Bigger Than Yours

On Aug 29, 2:31 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Introduction to the Xwindows clipboard
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | One of the things that amazes a lot of new users to Linux is how flexible the
> | clipboard is.  It's one of the many features of Linux that I've come to
> | depend upon greatly.  Without it, life could go on, but it would be much,
> | much more difficult.  So I'm going to give you a brief introduction to it,
> | and then allow you to do a little exploring on your own, because exploring
> | and learning are half the fun of using Linux.
> |
> | The first thing to know is that the Xwindows clipboard is what is commonly
> | known as a "two level" or "two layer" clipboard.
> `----
>
> http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=457

Interesting.  The ease of cutting and pasting text in Linux makes me
miss it immediately if I have to use OS/X or (very occasionally)
Windows.  One can get add-ons for both OS/X and Windows that allow you
to do the same with them, right?  If I used either a lot, I would want
that.  Why it's not standard is beyond me.