[News] gOS 3 GNU/Linux Desktop Runs from USB

Running gOS 3 Beta from USB stick

,----[ Quote ]
| The San Francisco-based company announced the details of gOS 3 Gadgets, the
| newest version of its Linux operating system for consumers, this month. The
| main feature of gOS 3 Gadgets is its ability to instantly launch Google
| Gadgets for Linux on start-up, allowing users access to more than 100,000
| iGoogle and Google Gadgets applications.
|
| The new distribution gOS 3 Gadgets BETA is based on Ubuntu 8.04.1 and is able
| to interact with Google Documents, Calendar and Mail. The newest release of
| WINE 1.0 is included to now support thousands of Windows software. The new
| operation system will also be loaded with Lightweight X Desktop Environment
| (LXDE) and other Google software for Linux to improve the user experience.
`----

http://www.linux-tip.net/cms/content/view/352/1/

Recent:

Fedora on a stick

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 9 now lets you create a bootable Linux distribution on a flash drive
| with persistence. In other words, you can not only boot any PC that will
| accept USB drive booting into Linux, you can even boot into your own personal
| desktop. Now, that can be useful.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/143261

An Advocacy Story: Cloning Bootable USB Sticks for the Audience

,----[ Quote ]
| I strongly believe that spreading GNU/Linux on usb sticks is a highly
| effective advocacy strategy. For example, it renders the debate about which
| OS to pre-install pointless if hardware vendors can be persuaded to sell
| diskless computers.
|
| [...]
|
| But be warned: it's also highly addictive to do this cloning work for people.
| I would really buy 12 more usb hubs and ask every class of my students to
| hand over 47 usb sticks that I can clone in one shot for them if current
| shortage was not a problem...
`----

http://blog.ofset.org/ckhung/index.php?post/087-clone12

Virus : A paralysed object on GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently I faced two incidents when I had to format my flash drive as it
| would simply refuse to open at all just because it was infected with some
| nasty viruses from my office computers.
|
| [...]
|
| Revenge taken, justice done to the innocent looking little evils, thanks to
| my PCLinuxOS : )
`----

http://saleem-khan.blogspot.com/2008/07/virus-paralysed-object-on-gnulinux.html

Mandriva's Linux on a stick will wow all the ladies this Summer

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/20/mandriva_spring_flash/