Re: [News] Beyond the Illusions Imposed by Big Lies, AKA "Market Share"

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, JEDIDIAH
<jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:23:00 -0500
<slrngbdd64.r56.jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 2008-08-27, The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Tom Shelton
>><tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:47:12 -0500
>><hNWdnQAVEoz9VijVnZ2dnUVZ_h6dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>>> Niche sites are exactly what you want to avoid counting in a study.  You want
>>> stats from sites that have wide appeal across all platforms.
>>>

>> Plus they have to be unbiased.  www.activex.com (which
>> turns out to be a redirect to www.download.com/ActiveX
>> anyway) would not be a good candidate, for example.
>> Neither would www.gentoo.org, though the latter might
>> get an occasional hit from a Linux-curious IE user.
>
> Youtube and Google would be likely "unbiased" "wide appeal" candidates.
>
> [deletia]

Very good point.  Yahoo! might be reasonably unbiased, despite
Microsoft's wooing thereof.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Conventional memory has to be one of the most UNconventional
architectures I've seen in a computer system.