Re: [Rival] Windows Vista so Bad That OEMs Try to 'Fix' It

On Aug 27, 7:41 pm, Tim Smith <reply_in_gr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <f8gbb41594smpfasin4hmhrsd89pb6n...@xxxxxxx>,

>  chrisv <chr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >Interesting how you praise it when Linux distributors do the same thing.

> > What would be "interesting" about that, Timmy?  Do you find the above
> > article to be critical of Dell, Hewlett-Packard, and Sony?

This does remind me of Harley Davidson back in the 1980s.  Harley
would send bikes to the dealers,
but they were so defective that it often took the dealers a week to
get the parts and get them into running condition.  Of course, the
dealers got so good at doing the work themselves that nearly every
Harley became a custom job, and it completely changed the way
motorcycles were sold to the bikers who could afford them.

Perhaps the OEMs will get so good at "Fixing" Windows that they will
start doing "custom jobs" like installing Linux as the primary
operating system and installing Vista or XP or Windows 2000 as the
secondary operating system.  And if Microsoft cuts off support for XP
and 2K, oh well, I guess I'll just have to use Linux then.

Rex