Re: [News] [Rival] Dvorak Rips Windows Vista

On 2008-08-27, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> Windows PCs Subject to Clogging, Need Draino
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The release of a new OS begins both a new hardware buying cycle and an
>| upgrade cycle. Since the buying cycle is stretched to six years or more, you
>| end up with an interesting phenomenon: The upgrade cycle is contaminated with
>| machines too old to upgrade. This causes the entire system to break down
>| because the upgrade cycle immediately feeds back into the perception of the
>| new product. In the situation with Vista, too many old clunkers couldn't be
>| upgraded and the OS was given a bad reputation. This was worsened by
>| Microsoft itself discouraging upgrades and admitting to problems. Combined
>| with the Apple attack ads the public perception of Vista skewed to the
>| negative.
> `----

There's that "public perception" crap again.

No, it /can't/ be because people actually touched it on machines that
claim to be able to handle it that they decided it's garbage. It
couldn't be that it gained a bad reputation because it earned it.
There's no way that people who *used* it told other people who were
considering using it that it was trash. It's impossible that people
went home with machines with the latest crapware on them that ran worse
than anything in history, but improved dramatically once something else
replaced said crapware.

No, it's because the marketing wasn't done right. It's all because
Apple was able to attack it. It's because the ads weren't done in a way
that showed loving users having fun and frolic, or because MS admitted
to problems, or because they didn't have a Rolling Stones song when it
was released to the public.

What a huge load of Hadron!

--
I'm using linux daily to up my productivity. So, up yours,
Microsoft.